Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Aye Can't beat the Scottish!

Scotland was by far one of my favorite places I've visited during this study abroad. The feeling there is something completely different from being in London. The people seem very laid back and open to talking to anyone! The place honestly made me feel like a character from Harry Potter living in a fantasy world. JK Rowling actually got her inspiration for the book sitting in a cafe called the Elephant House, which has a perfect view of the Edinburgh castle. I got to eat in this same cafe and visit a creepy graveyard just outside with Tom Riddle's grave in it. Harry Potter fans would eat this up like crazy. My favorite thing we did was an underground ghost tour. Not so much the ghost tour part, but just seeing the creepy tunnels and learning some history about Scotland. It helped that our tour guide was absolutely hysterical. Loved it in Scotland, but I'm, once again, home in London. How I missed it.
Just walking the streets of Edinburgh, Scotland! Saw everything
from dancing old men to a concrete heart shaped "spitting" stone (only
legal place to spit I guess).

Hood picture...it was super windy on our Lake District walk.
Beach walk around St. Andrews
St. Andrew's Old Course. I think my brothers are going to
kill me they'll be so jealous! The birthplace of GOLF!

No comments:

Post a Comment