Monday, June 6, 2011

9 Days Left in Counting

Hard to believe that my adventures here in Europe are coming to an end. So much to do in such a short time. I still have museums to see, important places to visit, musicals to see, places to eat and so much more! London can't be fully appreciated in 6 weeks so I hope, more than anything, that fate will bring me back somehow. I think about what it would be like to live here. What if I wasn't going home? Would I like living here among the city life; among the craziness? My mom actually sent me this beautiful picture from outside my home in Lindon, Utah and I thought to myself...this is home for me...at least for now
Home is something different for everyone. The people here in London (that are actually Londoners - very few) know this as their home and when I look at this picture of snow on the mountains in June...I think that they must feel something similar as they walk through regents park or look out their flat to the busy streets. Missing home am I? well of course...but it's not so much a missing that makes me feel I need to return, it's more of a feeling of fondness. My home is mine, my family is mine and although I've gained so much from being here in London, I can never replace the love I have for Home...June 15th...don't come too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment